I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, November 29, 2010


The past week got off to a slow start but picked up as the days passed. I had vowed never to watch DWTS again because of how they let Bristol keep on performing even though she couldn’t dance her way out of a paper bag. So I didn’t, but I heard about it. I was so glad Jennifer Grey won. If she hadn’t, there would have been rioting someplace, possibly my living room. Bristol said on Tuesday that if she won, “it would be like giving a big middle finger to people who hate my mom and hate me.” What a sweetheart she is. I got a big kick out of one of the entertainment shows telling how much weight all the women had lost working out for the dancing. Only one lost no weight at all and we all know who that one is! Bristol was asked what her plans are now and she said she didn’t know but would just see what God has planned for “Tripp and I.” Maybe God has some grammar lessons planned for her – she could use some. Bristol never learned how to dance, never showed any excitement and seemed without energy in her routines. What a mistake she was on that show. And she is why I won’t be watching next year. ABC didn’t handle that situation at all well.

Friday night I watched on television the lighting of the Christmas tree in Pioneer Square here in Portland, not knowing someone was dialing up his cell phone down at Union Station, thinking it would trigger a car bomb that would kill thousands of people gathered in the square. It didn’t blow up as the FBI was all over it from the beginning. I guess we can’t be complacent ever – the good old days are long gone.

Saturday I went to Steve, my hair guy, and froze as I drove over. I’m not quite used to everything in my new car, and I thought I had the heat on. There was a blue section and a red section, and I thought I should turn it to the blue section as surely that would be the warm one as we are a blue state and I’m certainly blue. When I finally arrived at Steve’s shop, I was frozen and turned the dial to red and it was warm! I had had the AC on all the time in the blue zone! I doubt that I’ll ever get used to that.

After my hair appointment I went out to a market where I rarely shop as it’s so far away from me. But I wanted to get a piece of meat they had on sale so I made the trip. They have groceries that are cheaper than any other store, and I wish it were in my neighborhood. It’s a market where poor people shop because it’s so cheap, and also where wealthy people shop because it’s so cheap. We’re all after the same thing! I made it home with the heat on in the car this time.

Sunday I went shopping with Diane and I bought some Christmas stuff. We had lunch at a very nice place overlooking a lake. We left and walked out on the deck and saw a dog tied up in front of a window of the restaurant. I wonder if his parents were looking out at him. He was so cute I took his picture and put it on this blog. I hope his parents didn’t forget about him.

I’ll close with something I read but can’t remember where or who wrote it. But I like it. “People over 50 like to read about negative things concerning young people; maybe it makes them feel better about themselves. Young people don’t like to read anything about older people.” I find that very interesting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home