I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, November 14, 2010


Happy Birthday, Harry!

Harry is 15 years old today. Where did the time go? He lives so far away from me that I don’t think I’ve had time to teach him things he should know now that he’s becoming a young man. When he was a little person, I had so much fun with him playing little games we made up as we went along. We did goofy things together when we infrequently got together either here or in New York.

Now Harry is way taller than I and has probably forgotten the crazy things we did. I wish there had been more time for me to help him with a young man’s problems growing up. I could have told him about shaving but I don’t imagine he shaves his legs as I do occasionally. His dad probably showed him how to shave. I could have told him to always put the toilet seat down after he pees. Or maybe he sits down and pees – I don’t really know and don’t think I should ask. I could have told him not to shove food in his mouth and then chew with half of it hanging out. I could have told him to always give his seat on the subway to a girl, and not just the pretty ones. They may be skanks, and the better bet would be the ones in Catholic school-girl uniforms . . . but they could be skanks also. Just let that one go. And as far as sex information goes, I don’t think I’d be too good at that. I counseled Teri in a Dunkin Donut shop when she was young and it went quite well, but I’m probably not up to date on what’s new these days. After all, I am a grandmother. Probably Mark or Teri could take him to a Dunkin Donuts in Brooklyn where they live now. They must have them there and our tradition should live on.

So Harry, I hope you have a fun birthday like the one you had in the above picture . . . maybe not exactly the same, but you get the idea. And don’t forget, Grandma loves you very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home