I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, November 12, 2010


I’m all charged up!

Last week I had a new pacemaker implanted and it’s working wonderfully – at least I guess so since I’m alive. Cindy came down from Tacoma and took me home from the hospital and stayed all night with me. I loved that! A couple of days later Teri came from New York and stayed several days with me. I loved that too! She cooked some delicious food that we ate for the next 3 days when Cindy came back. So I had them both here for a couple of days which was so much fun. We had our I ETA PI sorority meeting and watched both of the Betty Broderick movies – the first one when she’s married to Dan and is a real bitch, and the second one covering both of her trials for killing Dan and his new wife. Our sorority is based on Betty’s exploits – Cindy is president, Teri is godfather and I’m the housemother. Between movies we’d stop and have some wine (beer for Cindy) and give a toast to something. I can’t remember whom we toasted as Betty didn’t deserve a toast since she’s a bitch and a killer. Anyway, we had the wine and then went back to watch the rest of the movie.

I remember when they rolled me into the surgery room, someone asked me what kind of music I’d like to have going. That didn’t surprise me as I’d watched enough “Nip/Tuck” on TV to know they always had music going when they were doing boob jobs, face lifts, liposuction, vagina tucks, penile implants and other procedures that top-notch plastic surgeons routinely perform. I was fortunate that my doctor was a cardiologist and not the “Nip/Tuck” kind. I was already under the influence of valium so couldn’t come up with a name for the song. I tried to sing a few bars of the song I wanted – “Lyin’ Eyes” by the Eagles, but I couldn’t seem to make the right sounds. “Lyin’ Eyes” goes on and on so I figured it would carry me through the entire operation. But as I was trying to sing the song for the technician, they put me completely out! Guess they didn’t like my singing. And why would they ask me what song I wanted when they knew they were going to knock me out?

Cindy and Teri did housework for me while they were here. They moved so swiftly and accomplished so much in so little time. They were amazing. I’d like to have them every week, but I would probably have to pay them then.

The night before I went to the hospital, I had to put a new ink cartridge in my computer printer. I was a little worried doing it after all the talk about the planes flying to the US from overseas with ink cartridge bombs set to go off over our country. What if mine was one of those? What if I blew myself up and the entire condo complex along with me? At least I wouldn’t have to pay the condo fee anymore. Why does the fee go up every year? I finally installed it and then ran it and nothing blew up, but that means I still have to pay the condo fee. Too bad.

The above picture I took while the girls took a break from housekeeping. After the picture was over, they went right back to work. No slacking off for them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home