I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, October 05, 2010


Hydrangeas, Poop and “The Good Guys”

Back in May, I wrote a blog about Mother’s Day and put a picture on the blog of the beautiful blue hydrangeas Mark and Teri sent me. They were gorgeous and the flowers lasted a long time. After a while, we decided they should be out of the pot and possibly split into three plants which they actually were to start with. So they were moved across the sidewalk from my condo where there was shade and not direct sun like they were having in the original spot. So now there were three plants out there. They were watered by the sprinkler system, but I took special care of the one right next to the sidewalk where I could reach it. I watered it every day during the hot weather and fertilized it once a week. And now, as the above picture shows, there is a beautiful flower there and it’s not blue! I love it. The leaves look good, much better than the ones that I didn’t take care of myself. I have no idea what color the blooms will be next year. I guess it’ll be a surprise!

The other day I wrote about the poop habits of my daughter, Cindy. And now I must make a correction to that story. Cindy e-mailed me and told me she didn’t say, “Come wipe me.” She said she yelled, “I’m ready!” which meant the same thing. But someone said, “Come wipe me.” Was it Teri, although Teri and I had already talked about it . . . or was it I? I talked to Teri again last night and she said she thought Cindy said, “I’m ready – now come wipe me!” So that makes sense to me.

I watched the episode of “The Good Guys” last week. I love that show!! Bradley Whitford and Colin Hanks play two cops who are always screwing up (mainly because Bradley is so crazy). But they always manage to tie up a case even when they aren’t working on it – it just falls into their laps. This time they caught a cat burglar who could get into any building in town. But he did that for the money because his main love was blogging about food and restaurants. So he ate at all the restaurants in Dallas and then blogged about them, all the while doing his cat burglar business on the side for money. After they caught him when he was actually helping them break into a building, they asked him why he was doing it. He told them, “Because you can’t make any money blogging!” I jumped up and shouted, “I know what you’re talkin’ about!” But, of course, no one heard me because I was alone. The two cops let him go which I thought was a wonderful ending to the show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home