I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, October 10, 2010


It’s Tea Party time!

That was on the cover of a recent “Time” magazine which made me think of tea parties I had with my girls when they were little. The above picture is of Teri’s second birthday tea party. No one looks too animated – possibly they were waiting for the tea. I think things eventually livened up. Was that the beginning of the Tea Party movement of today? If it was, it went off track somewhere along the line. The Tea Party of today is full of a bunch of crazies that I don’t think could make it in the real world. Who are those people anyway?

Sarah Palin is the fairy godmother of the group who has an unwed daughter with a child who competes on “Dancing with the Stars.” The daughter’s first dance showed her in a brief outfit in which she shimmied around, showing us she had not yet lost her baby fat. The second dance Sarah attended so the daughter was completely clothed from top to bottom – mom sat there beaming. Is this what we have to look forward to in the years to come as Sarah runs for president? Will all of her kids be on stage in some way with beaming mom close by? Will there be more babies and will her other daughters have them before they’re married? And will they become engaged to clones of Levi? I really don’t care what that family does. I just don’t want to hear about it all the time.

In the latest “Time” magazine, there’s an article about Fred N. Davis III who is called the GOP’s hottest mad man. He has moved to Hollywood where all the talent is and the creative people live, or so he says. He’s from Oklahoma so that makes sense. Now he can mingle with all the Hollywood types which he seems to love and do what he does best: Write ads for republican candidates which are extremely negative and equally nasty and actually not true. People say you shouldn’t make snap judgments . . . but SNAP!! I just did and I don’t like him at all. The ad that makes me most upset is the one for Christine O’Donnell who’s running for the republican senate seat from Delaware. She burst onto the campaign scene with old quotes about dabbling in witchcraft and how masturbation is bad. She left out all the bad things she had done with her finances and similar infractions. She came bouncing across the stage in a red blazer with her long, reddish brown hair waving in the breeze, chirping in her perky little voice. Doesn’t that remind you of someone else? Well, shortly thereafter, Fred Davis got hold of her and there appeared a new ad that is absolutely atrocious! It shows Christine dressed in a black suit, with long, straight black hair. She’s standing in front of a black background with a white mist rising behind her . . . sort of like she’s standing in front of a coven. She looks like a witch! And then she speaks in a soft voice saying, “I’m not a witch. I’m nothing you’ve heard. I’m you.” When I heard that, I almost threw up! She is so not me!!! As things heat up before the election, Christine will probably become stressed and return to the coven for help and also find herself masturbating several times a day. These are very interesting times.

I hope I can find enough reruns of “Law & Order” to keep me going through the election. But then the build-up for the 2012 election will be underway. God help us!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home