I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, September 08, 2010

RUNNING WILDE – new Fox show premiering Tuesday, September 21, at 9:30 – 10 PM

This is a show created by the team that produced “Arrested Development” which in my opinion was one of the funniest shows I’ve ever seen. Why they took it off I’ll never know. They didn’t ask my opinion which apparently means they don’t care what I think which is their loss. Oh, well . . . guess I’ll get on with this one.

“Running Wilde” stars Will Arnett as Steven Wilde whose daddy owns Wilde Oil which means Steven has never worked a day in his life. He is immature, narcissistic, and full of himself and not a very likable guy. He does crazy, stupid things like driving around with a tiny horse in the back seat of his car. He is presenting himself with a Humanitarian award but is afraid no one will show up as he’s not a humanitarian.

He’s still longing for an old girlfriend, Emmy, who is now living in Peru in the rain forest and trying to get Wilde Oil out before they ruin the entire forest. She was the daughter of a former Wilde housekeeper whom Steve has always loved. She has a daughter named Puddle who narrates the story but has stopped speaking, mainly because she doesn’t want to live in the forest anymore. Emmy shows up at the ceremony with Puddle who starts talking finally.

The whole story becomes crazy and mixed up – or maybe it is I who becomes crazy and mixed up. I like the actors, especially will Arnett. I hope it does well, and with the creators and Will Arnett working on it, it should. I think you should watch it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home