I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, May 21, 2010

Some news I found interesting

I was just reading the newspaper about all the CBS shows being cut and added for the new season coming up. They don’t usually make many changes, but this year it seems like they’re even moving the ones that are staying to different days. Maybe they had some extra time on their hands. There was a quote by CBS chief Leslie Moonves who was talking about dropping “Old Christine” as she wasn’t making high enough numbers. He stated, “That was not a good place for the No. 1 network in television to be at. . . .This is about improving time periods.” To be at?? Doesn’t Leslie know correct grammar? And who says CBS is the No. 1 network? Fox is certainly no slouch in the ratings department. I watched “The Good Guys” the other night on Fox and loved it when the detective who had just puked all over a crime scene (but he had a purpose in doing it), asked his naïve partner if he had never heard of “Good cop, sick cop.” But I digress. I hope Leslie is more careful speaking when he knows he’ll be quoted.

Another piece of news that cracked me up was the terrorist who gave his dying confession and with his picture just before blowing himself up. He was tearing up his passport in the picture! When I heard that, I thought, “What a novel idea – why can’t I do that?” Not kill myself or others . . . just cut up my passport. I hate my picture and never use it anyway. But I couldn’t find it and the moment passed.

I’m very upset about all the funny business going on in Arizona. I think they’re not drinking enough water and never getting out of the house because of the heat. It’s probably making them crazy. Just think of all the immigrants who make their way there. They don’t have any water to drink and can’t even go inside to get out of the sun as they have no inside (house). They just trudge along, hoping they won’t get shot by the border patrol. But the Arizona governor is going to take care of everything. She’s passing a law that makes it legal for the police to stop anyone who looks suspicious – I think the translation for suspicious is Mexican. Crazy Joe Arpaio, Sheriff of Maricopa County, is all for the new law. He’s a really mean son-of-a-bitch who brutalizes his prisoners. I think he’s about done as the FBI is looking into him, but nothing’s for sure. What I think is funny about this is the fact that the US is discouraging people from vacationing in Mexico as they might get their heads cut off, and the Mexican government is discouraging their people from coming up here as they’ll probably be thrown in jail. What a wonderful world!

Ending on a more humorous note, police raided a home near here and arrested a man and his mother. They were making moonshine and also had many different drugs and guns. They were an all-purpose sort of 7-ll and were a family-owned business. They were real entrepreneurs and should be commended for finding work these days. Or may not . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home