I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, May 13, 2010


Mother’s Day!!

I didn’t have any plans for Mother’s Day as both my daughters live elsewhere, and I’m getting to the stage where I don’t like holidays that much – people do too much, spend too much, get exhausted with all the arrangements and breathe a sigh of relief when it’s all over. Or maybe that’s just me. Anyway, as it turns out, I did go out on Mother’s Day with my brother, Jim, and his wife, my cousin Joyce and her husband and my nephew, Carl, and his wife. I’m not naming everyone as it takes too many commas and too much time. We ate at Porcelli’s which is in the neighborhood and has very good food. I walked up and met everyone there. The waiter recognized me and asked where I’d been, and I just mumbled something. I didn’t tell him I couldn’t afford to eat out that much. Who does he think I am anyway? It was really fun seeing everyone and I didn’t breathe a sigh of relief when it was all over. Maybe that’s because I didn’t have to make any arrangements or prepare anything.

And what happened Saturday was really exciting. A lady called and said she had some flowers for me and wasn’t sure which unit was mine. So I went outside and she carried this great big pot full of beautiful hydrangeas up to my yard and put them where there was a space next to the house. She could hardly carry them and I kept worrying about her back. I have never seen anything that beautiful! There are other little flowers planted underneath them which sort of trail out. I took several pictures, and I hear they’re the talk of the condo people – they like them! My son-in-law, Mark, ordered them from a place he thought was in Sellwood as that is close to me. The lady used to have a store there, but now she works out of a warehouse as people don’t go to floral shops to order – they use the internet or phone. What a sorry state of affairs. So anyway, she thought Mark was very nice and he thought she was very nice. I thought they were both very nice. I called her and asked her about her back which she said was fine. I don’t believe that for one minute. I also asked if I could put her on a blog and she said I could, so here’s her phone number: Rose City Floral 503-239-8005. I highly recommend her, and she has beautiful flowers which she arranges herself. The hydrangeas aren’t in a good place as there is full sun all afternoon, so today I asked the guys who mow our lawn and that kind of stuff if they would put them on the other side of my deck. I said to be careful as the pot was so heavy, but they just laughed and did it with no trouble at all. So I gave them some chocolate chip cookies I had made for the guy who put up my turtle. They were frozen and I hope I made that clear to the guys before they broke a tooth. Would they sue me?

All in all, the weekend turned out great, and I didn’t breathe a sigh of relief when it was over. Thank you Mark, Teri and Harry. You made my day very special and I love you all very much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home