I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, May 05, 2010


Teri was here for a couple of days and I took only one picture of her, and where I had it developed cut off the top of her head. I must go elsewhere from now on. But I still like the picture. The other picture is on my back deck and shows where Larry eats on the ledge with the green garlic lid water bowl, my flamingo and my new turtle that Teri bought me when we went shopping. I asked a man off the street to hang it up for me and he was very nice. I didn’t know him – he’s working on the condos across from me. I’ve dragged in many men walking by for help and they’re usually very accommodating.

It was so good to see Teri as I rarely see her. I don’t see Cindy often either. Maybe we should all live in the same house like they did in the old days. And then again, maybe not. Teri and I spent one day in Sellwood going through all the little shops that had so many interesting things. There was one shop, “Love Art Gallery,” that had sculptures made out of old car parts! There are 65 artists that show there. There were a couple of herons, a huge seahorse, and other items. Teri saw some turtles and she knows I love turtles – we used to have two box turtles. So Teri decided to buy me one of the turtles! It’s pretty big -- not light weight -- and it’s all out of car parts. I love it!

One little store had some nice antiquey things and also two little dogs. One of the dogs excitedly began humping my leg! So the owner lady came over and put him on her lap and talked baby-talk to him. We didn’t buy anything there.

We had lunch at the “Jade Teahouse & Patisserie” where I had eaten before and which is excellent. Teri ate with chopsticks and I used a spoon. I never taught her to use chopsticks because I never ate with them. I don’t think I travel in the same circles as she. I actually don’t travel at all! I’m going to google “patisserie” as soon as I finish this. My dictionary doesn’t have it. Can you imagine? Of course, there have been new words added since I got it back in grade school or whenever.

After lunch we came home and took a walk. During our walk she wanted me to try on her tennis shoes that everyone wears now. I don’t know what they’re called but the heels are higher and they push you forward – at least they did me. I guess they’re good for walking and good for your feet. So I finally got them on during the middle of our walk, and when I started walking, I felt like I couldn’t stop! Teri said I looked like a wind-up toy! I headed down the street and kept going faster and faster! She finally grabbed me and then I managed to go a little slower. We were hysterical at my antics and I kept getting away from her. I finally just clutched her arm until we got home and I got those crazy things off my feet. Teri said she had been thinking of letting me have them but decided against it as she thought I’d probably kill myself!

After I took the picture of Teri, she left with friends to go out to dinner. I came in and ate mine, and then sat down on my couch to floss my teeth. I usually do it elsewhere, but that night I was watching something on TV. When I finished I lay the floss across my stomach while I watched my program. The phone rang, I jumped up and the floss flew off! So then I had to get my huge, yellow flashlight – the kind that takes a 20 lb. battery – and scour the living room rug. But I never found it. I did find it the next day which was a good thing. I would just hate to have company and have someone else find it. I must quit doing it in the living room or else quit having company.

I thought that was the end of my exciting day until a friend called and told me about Times Square being shut down! So I watched that for a while. Teri came home and had heard about it on her blackberry. We watched the news for a while and then went to bed. She left at 5am the next morning. I just hope she stays safe in New York City, but I guess no one is safe anymore. But she must stay safe – I love her too much to have some creep blow her up. And the same goes for Cindy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home