I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, June 26, 2009

Some funny stuff and some sad stuff

Last night Craig Ferguson was ecstatic! There was another republican governor to kick around. Mark Sanford, governor of South Carolina, took a hike on the Appalachian Trail which is a euphemism for having an affair. I loved seeing Craig so happy with all the new material and the farting he added to Sanford’s speech. That should keep him going until the next republican governor decides to take a hike on the Appalachian Trail. I love watching the speeches the way Craig does it. He should add farting to everyone’s speech. Sanford said he spent 5 days crying in Argentina with his sweetie. I wonder if someone was singing, “Don’t Cry for Me Argentina,” which would have been appropriate about that time. I’m sure Craig and all the other Late Night guys will have a lot to talk about for quite a while.

After I wrote the above, Cindy called to tell me Michael Jackson had died. My response was, “You’re kidding!” Now it’s all over television and radio. He was a pop icon, and broke ground for so much of the music business with his videos that were like nothing else. “Thriller” sold more than any other video ever. He danced like no one else – his Moonwalk was something to see. I just googled “Thriller” and “Beat It” and was so impressed with his dancing and movements on the dance floor. He had a troubled childhood and more troubled adult life. But I never thought of him as an adult – he was childlike but also very shrewd. My daughters were more in tune with his music, but I watched his career go to the top and then the bottom. He was planning a tour in London to re-start his career and also make some money which he needed. It’s sad he couldn’t have accomplished that. He was only 50.

During the morning I heard that Farrah Fawcett had died which was not a surprise as she had been valiantly fighting cancer for several years. But it still was sad as she was such a beautiful person and was fighting so hard. I watched her career from the beginning and was always impressed with her choices. She wanted to do drama after “Charlie’s Angels” and she did and did it extremely well. She was only 62.

This has been a bad time for Hollywood as so many people have been dying. I guess everyone dies sometime, but some of them have been too young. Death is not welcome anytime as far as I’m concerned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home