I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, July 02, 2009


Happy Anniversary, Teri and Mark!

Why didn’t I just send a card? Cards all say the same thing which is rather boring, so I thought this might be a little more personal – just for Teri and Mark . . . and everyone who reads my blog!

Teri and Mark were married in a 1930’s-style wedding on July 2, 1993, in New York City at the Manhattan Penthouse on lower 5th Avenue. They were into all the kitsch and memorabilia of the ‘30s and ‘40s and it was evident at the wedding. Teri’s dress was cream colored and gorgeous. She bought it at an antique clothing shop, and with it she wore her best costume jewelry. She even had her hair styled like Claudette Colbert’s. Cindy was her maid of honor and wore a dress, also from an antique clothing shop, covered in ostrich feathers like some old movie star might wear. It was very Cindy. It was black. I wore black. All the bridesmaids wore black. Sounds depressing, doesn’t it? But it wasn’t. It was a beautiful wedding and everyone had a great time.

We could look out of one of the big windows and see the empire state building that was all lit up in red, white and blue lights for the 4th of July. It was quite a sight. This was a very special night and everyone enjoyed everything. We had good food, I think, but I can’t remember eating. I do remember drinking. There was dancing which was very much fun. Teri and Mark planned it all by themselves while both were working and did a fabulous job. I don’t know how they pulled it off, but they did. The entire night was a huge success. Teri and Mark were so happy which was as it was supposed to be.

They’re still married which is a plus. I think that wedding did it. They’re happy and have a son, Harry, who makes their family complete. I hope they have many more years of happiness together. I’m sure they will.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home