I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, March 16, 2009

What would Jerry do?

Some people ask “What would Jesus do,” but there are so many episodes of “Seinfeld” with which I can identify, that I use Jerry. I don’t have any Jesus episodes. I was wondering about what to do this past weekend as I didn’t feel good. I decided Jerry would have just lain around, so that’s what I did. I lay on my couch (bed) and watched Larry taking over my deck. I started feeding Larry (sparrow) the first of January, and he’s still here. Since I started I have added a mirror on the deck which he looks in frequently – once he even pecked at it. I also made a sort of birdbath out of a pie plate since I don’t make pies anymore – does anybody? Larry spends most of every afternoon and sometimes mornings on the deck, hopping all over it and pooping as he goes. He flips the birdseed all over the deck, so it’s becoming quite a mess. How did this happen? When did my deck become an aviary without my knowing it?

I finally decided I’d catch up on some reading so picked up “Vanity Fair” and began reading the article by Mark Seal, contributing editor of the magazine, about Bernie Madoff. I had already heard all about the evil Bernie and read many articles, but this one was very revealing and made it quite clear just how evil that little man is. He ruined so many people over the years and didn’t seem to care about what he was doing. He wasn’t a warm person and had no use for the “little people” or so it seems. I found it interesting that he was an OCD person like Monk on the television show. Only I think he was more OCD than Monk if that’s even possible. He was a despicable character who got away with the Ponzi scheme, and I’ll never understand how that could have happened. Will it happen again and is it happening right now someplace? Probably so.

I needed some cheering up after that, so I turned on TV and watched “Desperate Housewives.” That show is becoming sillier every time I see it. I think it’s jumping the shark or has already jumped. I used to find it pretty amusing, but the plots are way out in left field now. In fact, there aren’t that many plots that make sense. So I needed something else to make me feel good on this day that I did nothing useful.

I turned on a show that was new last year that snagged me as a viewer when I first saw it. It’s the AMC show “Breaking Bad” with Bryan Cranston as a teacher/cancer victim/meth maker/ and meth dealer. Bryan was the father in “Malcolm in the Middle” where he was this crazy guy who was extremely funny, and nothing like he is in the new show. Last night was only the second show for this season, but it was the most horrifying and terrifying episode of anything I’ve ever seen! It had me on the edge of my seat (couch) the entire time. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Bryan is some actor, and so was Raymond Cruz who played a bad, bad guy. When the last scene was over, there was a little extra something put in that gave me chills!

By then I was feeling better so settled down on my bed (couch) and went to sleep. There’s nothing like a horrifying TV show to settle me down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home