I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, December 20, 2008

Craig Ferguson

It’s been snowing all day long and weather reports say it will turn into freezing rain by early morning. How lucky can we get? We haven’t had snow like this for years here. I don’t plan to get out in it. What for? I decided to watch Craig Ferguson’s Friday night show which I had DVRd last night. I knew that would cheer me up.

I just love him! His humor is the greatest, and his monologue before the guests appear is the best part of the show. All this week the show has started with the cheeky monkey which Craig holds – hand puppet. He holds it up at the bottom of the screen. You can’t see Craig but he talks like a cheeky monkey. Last night the monkey said Craig smelled bad. Craig wanted to know what he smelled like and the monkey said it was like bad cereal – oatmeal. Craig said Friday night is the night stoners watch and are probably smoking whatever it is they smoke. So Friday nights are special.

He is so loose and crazy. There’s nothing formal about him – he’s waving his hands around, making jokes, rolling his eyes, making faces and moving all the time. He is so unconventional and seemingly uninhibited that I find him a joy to watch. He always makes me laugh and feel good. He can be very raunchy with many double entendres and all the time laughing at himself and bouncing around. He is like no other talk show host as far as I’m concerned.

He answers e-mails every night which is always crazy, and last night Tilman, a little bulldog, brought them in and put them on his desk! Craig burst out laughing and said, “Oh my God, you know the only saving grace about this show sucking so much – at least it’s consistent!”

He announced that he had made a CBS Christmas spectacular, but CBS wouldn’t let him put it on. So he showed it on his show instead. It was “Craig Ferguson’s Holiday Christmas Spectacular.” Craig is Scottish, so it had a definite Scottish theme. The announcer said Christmas day in Scotland is, “You get drunk and punch your relatives in the face” day. Craig was in the skit and it was hilarious. His skits always are. You can’t compare them to other spectaculars that seem to be on all the time – Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Donny & Marie, Christmas with Kenny Rogers, etc. Craig’s are the best in my estimation.

So now I’ll go back to watching the snow falling. I may never leave my condo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home