I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, September 15, 2007

“Monk” and “Psych” season finales

Last night I watched the season finales of both of those shows. I have thoroughly enjoyed each one this season. Mr. Monk is a used-to-be detective for the San Francisco police department but was let go after his wife, Trudy, was murdered, and he developed severe OCD . . . so severe it’s uncomfortable to watch at times. And yet, it could be extremely funny! Last night he saw a woman on the street, face to face, and began chasing her after she had walked away. He didn’t know why, but he just had to find her. He didn’t sleep for three days as he was obsessed with finding her. Of course, along the way he managed to solve a crime which he does quite well despite his OCDishness. In the closing moments of the show, he finds the woman and notices a tattoo on her arm which was the exact date of his wife’s death. She tells him that’s the day she began living as she received corneal transplants and could see again. It turns out Trudy was an organ donor, and she received Trudy’s corneas. Monk looks into her eyes for a long time and finally seems at peace with himself. The show ends with Monk lying on his bed in his clothes, sound asleep. I thought it was a very sweet and touching ending to a quirky, funny show.

And then I watched “Psych.” I have really liked this show. Shawn (James Roday) and Gus (Dule Hill) are two guys who help the police fight crime. Shawn is a pretend psychic and Gus is his sidekick. What I like about it is the lightning fast repartee that goes on between the two of them. It goes so quickly that you have to be listening very carefully to catch it all. Some of it is hysterically funny with references to things not everyone would understand. I get a huge kick out of it! I’ve always noticed the bright blue little car they tear around the countryside in. It wasn’t until last night when someone on the show said something about their “little, blue, kiddie car Echo” or something like that, I nearly jumped off my couch! I have a little, gray, kiddie car Echo and that’s why I thought the car looked familiar. I guess it’s really a Yaris which is the new edition of the Echo. I’m hoping they have the same car next year and that they are just as funny as this year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home