I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

“The Closer” season finale

Last night was the end of “The Closer” for another year. I’m sorry it won’t be on for a while – I’d watch it if they had a marathon every weekend. In this episode a lot of questions were answered in the case Brenda Leigh was working on, and it turned out that she was right all along. And it also straightened things out in her love life. My daughter, Teri, had said she thought Brenda might have an affair next season. I was horrified at that; she has no time for an affair. But she found out Fritz had a couple of DUIs five years ago and was totally pissed at him. So they argued and she was pretty hard on him. After all, it was five years ago, and he hadn’t drunk anything since and was in AA. He really deserved a break.

So the case was settled in court with Brenda Leigh’s information proving to be true, and she and her squad went out to celebrate. Sargent Gabriel toasted Brenda, and Brenda tried to toast her squad but got all choked up. I loved this scene. Then they started drinking the champagne, but Lieutenant Flynn had something non-alcoholic. Brenda said, “No champagne?” And Flynn answered, “Ten years in AA. You see, Chief, when I used to drink, I could be a little bit of an asshole.” Brenda had a thoughtful look on her face, and then Flynn winked at her. She looked at him as if she understood. Did he know about Fritz and his DUIs? I love the rapport Brenda has with her squad – it seems very special to me.

So she went home and made up with Fritz. Now I won’t have to wonder about that all winter. I hope she keeps her own car insurance and also her own bank account separate from his. That’s just what I think. I’ll miss them all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home