I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, December 06, 2014

How to break up a boring weekend!

A couple of Saturdays ago, I was feeling bored so went to the bathroom which wasn't that exciting. But on the way back, I tripped over one of the wheels on my walker and slipped down to the floor. I wasn't hurt, but really pissed because I couldn't get up. So I lay there for several hours, trying to get my legs to help me stand up, but that didn't work which probably hurt my legs. I finally called the mother ship downstairs for help, and after looking at me, they decided I needed to go to the ER. So I was hustled out of the mother ship on a gurney. I've never ridden in an ambulance before and it wasn't half bad! I guess I would have done almost anything for some excitement! The guys were really nice and I felt sorry for them as I was looking bad as I hadn't bathed in 3 days, brushed my teeth or hair all day. I was sick with a cough and cold so had seen better days. When we got to the hospital I was ushered into a room immediately and people started in on me right away. A doctor soon appeared and asked a few questions to see if I were coherent or completely bonkers. He decided on the former and got to work on all the tests they gave me. I can't believe everything they checked, but I'm surely glad they did.

When they were all done with me, they placed me by the desk where someone would pick me up. They had asked if I had a ride home - I told them I thought they did that, but it's just one way for me. I think they felt sorry for me and gave me a voucher for a free ride on them! They said they do that occasionally. I think they did it for me because they liked me or I smelled too bad to stay there too long. I'm not sure which it was.

While I waited I watched the action at the desk. I saw the male nurses come to the counter and talk to the gals behind the counter. Were they saying, "How about a hook-up after work?"  or were they saying "I sure like it when you bend over." My ride finally came for me so I couldn't make up anymore stories. All I have to say is my time at the Providence ER was extremely good. I hear many stores of people waiting hours to be seen, but I'm sure that doesn't happen where I was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home