I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, November 24, 2013


The Foxes of Washington DC

When my daughter, Teri, moved to Wash. DC to pursue something, a career probably, she met the girls in the photo and eventually they all lived  together on Foxhall Road in DC. And that is how they earned the name "The Foxes." They have remained good friends and get together every October and do fun things like . . . I can't remember what fun things were back then, but I guess they do them and renew old memories. This year they all met at Teri's in Brooklyn and did fun things I hope. Teri sent me this picture of all of them - Teri is the one in red looking gorgeous - that is a mother speaking you realize. When I got the picture I looked at it and and was shocked and dismayed. They were standing in a subway station! Teri knows how I feel about subways. They are dirty, messy, lots of people all crowded together, and it's hard to know which train to get on and which way they are going. I tell her over and over again not to ride the subway and the only answer she can come up with is that's the only way to get to work.  That's a pretty slim excuse if you ask me! I think of her as I lay in my warm bed on a cold morning getting on the subway.

Anyway . . . I loved the picture and all the girls are still looking beautiful like they did years ago. Now if I can just get them to stay away from subways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home