I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, November 11, 2013


A Scenic Autumn Ride

The other day, my friend, Diane, and I went for a ride. This October has had beautiful weather - warm, blue skies and no rain. It's unusual for this time of year, but surely makes for gorgeous sights along the way with all the trees with their red and yellow leaves. Diane drove as I don't want to drive if I have anything to drink, and we always stop for lunch and a glass of wine. I'm not walking well anymore and I can just see law enforcement stopping me for some silly thing if I'm driving. If I had to get out of the car and try to walk that straight line that is impossible to do even when sober and I couldn't, and then if they asked me if I'd been drinking . . . well, I just don't want to put up with that. And what if they had a dash cam on the police car and then put it on Youtube because my trying to walk that damn straight line was so hysterical! How embarrassing!! 

Diane has been out that way before and took a road off the main road that led to a ferry across the river. On the way, we passed a church with a beautiful green lawn and trees. And on the lawn were three deer - a fawn and two little ones. Wait a minute! I have to edit this and correct my description of the deer. They were a doe, just like "Sound of Music," and two fawns. Sorry for my goof. But moving right along, my guess is that the Pope had given the church a special dispensation allowing deer on their lawn. It was so exciting to see them and they seemed not to mind us slowing way down. Maybe they were excited to see us! We moved slowly and I took three pictures out the window. They never seemed scared of us and never moved away. So when we came back, we looked for them, but they were gone. I'll just bet they were inside the church taking part in a Bible study class. Maybe on our next trip we'll see them again if we get there about the same time - before Bible study class.

We then went on our way, had a good lunch and wine and then home. On our way, we stopped at a dog park where dogs are allowed to run free. It's so much fun watching them run and play with each other. I think they meet there at the same time every day and that way they can exercise and catch up on dog gossip. Their gossip probably sounds like this: "Did you hear Trixie was caught messing around with Rex?" whereas our gossip sounds like this:  "I heard Mona was sleeping with George, her mailman." I guess we all gossip about the same things that we find interesting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home