I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, October 23, 2013


I miss Richard Belzer

Richard, who played John Munch on "Law&Order: SVU,'' retired from the show recently. And I miss him. I've watched the L&O franchise from the beginning. They began in 1988 and stopped in 2010 with the first show. They have three shows and Belzer was on the second one, "Special Victim's Unit," one which is centered on sex crimes. That is not my favorite one - I think the original one with Jerry Orbach was my favorite. He was very good and kept me interested as he was always wise-cracking and sarcastic which set him apart for me. But all three of them are very good - sort of like eating macaroni and cheese with a glass of milk and then lying down on he couch - very comforting. The third one is "Law&Order: Criminal Intent" which is about the big cases. That one is still on as are the other two in re-runs. SVU is still being produced.

Richard Belzer came from the show "Homicide: Life on the Street" which was a series showing the work of a fictional version of the Baltimore Police Department's Homicide Unit. That began in 1993 and ran until 1999. I watched every episode and loved it! The police were all so funny at times, and Richard Belzer was very good in it. They had many crazy incidents that happened during the filming sometimes - one in particular was when someone came running in from the street wanting to confess to something and surrender! I guess they looked pretty professional. Belzer was always very competent and intelligent - also he was pretty funny. I like that in a man - smart and funny. That makes him sexy - at least it does to me. He always found out things about the perps that he dug up from his reading or his own knowledge of things Jewish or out of the ordinary. He brought so much to the SVU franchise that it's going to be hard to replace his character. I feel like I've lost a friend and don't like that feeling. I remember when Jerry Orbach left L&O he supposedly went to the DA's office as an investigator. But he died shortly thereafter with pancreatic cancer. I
certainly hope Belzer does better in the DA's office where he's going although I don't think we'll ever see him. I thought he might do stand-up comedy, but Teri says he wants to go live in his house in France! How does she know and why didn't she warn me? 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home