I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, May 19, 2013


Prom Night!!!

Back in April I wrote about my grandson, Harry, going to the prom with a girl who lives out here in Portland. Harry lives in Brooklyn, so it was quite a long commute for him. He arrived at my house on Thursday after midnight. We got to sleep later and then on Friday we just hung out. He has grown into a very good-looking guy and fun to be around. I see him very infrequently, so it's wonderful to see the changes in him. Friday afternoon Reggie, his date for the prom, came to pick him up to go downtown and rent a tux. She came with two girlfriends, and when they were all in the house and giggling all the time, it was somewhat overwhelming! They whisked Harry away and I didn't see him until Reggie's mom, Rita, dropped him off today. They all apparently had a good time. Harry and I ate some lunch and ever since he has been asleep on my sofa. His dad called but Harry couldn't wake up and just said he'd call him back! I don't imagine he got any sleep last night.

I can't remember any proms in my past high school days. One prom some guy asked me to go, but I didn't want to go with him so I told him I already had a date. I didn't have a date but thought maybe someone I liked would ask me, but no one did! Very embarrassing. So I stayed home. But that guy was really nice, and maybe if I'd gone with him we would have fallen in love, married and had a family. But I did get married later and had a family, so nothing would have been the same with the other guy. And I wouldn't have my girls, Teri and Cindy, and my grandson wouldn't be here with me because he wouldn't be anyplace at all! 

I think I've had enough prom for a while as I'm getting sort of goofy just thinking about it. This picture is of Harry looking cool and smooth, and Reggie just looking gorgeous!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home