I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, September 24, 2012


The 64th Annual Emmy Night

I was in a prone position for nearly 4 hours yesterday watching the Emmys. I got a little bored and tired after a while, but I never miss it. Jimmy Kimmel did a pretty good job as the host and everything went quite smoothly. But it was too long as always. The presenters shouldn't have to make small talk before they present the awards. Too much time is spent on that.

Everyone looked beautiful. The women had gorgeous dresses and looked lovely even though it was terribly hot on the red carpet. I liked Heidi Klum's dress; she was probably thinking, "I'll show you, Seal!"  Julianne Moore had on a beautiful yellow dress which was just the opposite of Heidi's. It was long sleeved and high necked and a very pretty yellow. Heidi's was green with plenty of skin exposed. They both looked pretty good to me.

I imagine we are going to see several years of "Homeland" getting the honors. It is a great show that I can't see because I don't get Showtime. But I can get by without it. And we'll probably be seeing Modern Family pour onto the stage every year for more awards. Apparently it is a very funny show. I was happy for Jon Cryer winning for comedy actor. He's worked hard for many years and been through a lot with crazy Charlie. I never watch that show as I can't stand it, but I'm happy for Cryer.

The segment I liked best was when Kimmel was wondering what "Breaking Bad" would have been like if it had been made in the G-rated, no cable era. "Breaking Bad" is my favorite show! It was a spoof of "The Andy Griffith Show" with the theme song whistling(I loved that) as Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, dressed in their meth-making clothes, skipped along the dirt road by a pond with their fishing poles. Opie(Aaron) skipped rocks across the pond, and then they saw Don Knotts in a row boat, waving to them. So Andy took out his gun and shot him! I found that extremely funny and clever. Apparently that was the highlight of the show as I don't remember much else.

The next thing I remember was hearing sirens blaring right outside my window in the living room where I sleep. Red lights were flashing in my kitchen and it went on and on.  So I got up and saw a fire truck right beside my house, with guys coming and going. Finally, they left. I don't know what the problem was and just wanted to get back to sleep. I guess I wasn't on fire!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home