I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, October 10, 2012


Cookie Time

When Teri's family came out this summer, Rita's kids (Reggie and Hayden) came over to re-enact our last cookie-making day several years ago. As you can see from the picture, they aren't little kids anymore! It all went as planned except that they all looked a lot older and Reggie wasn't clutching her little black doll. But Harry still had his mouth stuffed with the cookie spoon instead of stirring like he should have been. Everything went as planned, but I don't think there were many cookies left to cook as the kids all ate the dough as did I. Maybe we'll do it again in a few years.

I've made those cookies - chocolate chip - for years and have never gotten them just quite right. But I have now found the way to do it that I absolutely love!! Before I incorporated the new cooking method - before they always came out crisp, and I hate crisp -  I decided to cut down on the time cooked which I did. So now I take them out when they are almost still white and soft. I don't let them sit a long time before I put them on the drying rack. Sometimes they're still soft and almost come apart, but I manage. Before they cool off too much I put them in a GoodWill tin container and put them in the freezer. Then I can eat them right out of the freezer and they aren't hard - they're soft and delicious. My grandkids love them, so I guess they're successful. One thing I forgot to mention is that occasionally, when I'm cooking, my nose runs. Sometimes I don't get a kleenex quickly enough so my nose drips one drop in the cookie dough. But it's all cooked in the end, so that shouldn't matter. That could be the reason for my success! In fact, I'm sure it is!!

I'm thinking maybe I could have a second career authoring a cookbook. I'd like to share my success with my chocolate chip cookies and the secret ingredient that could work with many other recipes. I may just give it a try! I'll bet it would be a best seller, even better than "Fifty Shades of . . . " I don't think there was much cooking done in that book, and it certainly wasn't the high point of the story.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home