I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, April 02, 2012


Cindy's having a birthday today!

My baby is growing up! She's not a baby anymore, but I will always think of her as one. She's the younger of my two daughters and has two grown sons of her own, but she's still my baby. This picture was taken at my folk's house where I lived before I went to college - and the man in the chair is Cindy's great grandfather - my mother's father. Cindy looks so sweet in that picture - I love it!

Cindy hasn't had an easy life, but she never complains and doesn't let me see when things aren't going well for her. She can always make me laugh. She has a crazy sense of humor that I love, and people are drawn to her because of her kookiness. She has her own shop where she sells crazy magnets, cards and just goofy things that make you laugh and feel good. She visits with all her customers, and everyone becomes her friend. She has a huge dog, April - a bull mastiff! I've put pictures of her on the blog before. She takes her to work with her every day, and they are absolutely crazy about each other. Cindy has different types of customers come to her store - gay, straight, transgenders, some bringing their wives/husbands. Some have money and some don't have any at all. Many times she ends up giving people something when she knows they can't pay. Cindy has such a good heart and likes everyone. I am so very proud of what she has accomplished and the woman she has become. She has made me laugh. I've cried over her. I hope I've made her laugh but I know I've made her cry. I'm sorry for those times; they shouldn't happen.

I know there comes a time when you supposedly let go and your kids are completely on their own, out of your control. I have a hard time with that as I'm sure both of my girls know. I don't think I've reached that point yet. In fact, I don't believe that ever happens.

So happy birthday, Cindy. I don't like birthdays because it means you're a year older which makes me a year older. I don't like the sound of that at all! But you're in your prime now and should be enjoying the coming years. And don't forget - I'll be watching and trying not to offer too much advice. But come to think of it, my advice would not be the best as I've made many missteps in my life. So let's just say you can learn a lot from me - good and bad - and you'll know which way to go.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sweetie!!
I love you lots (your mother, Patsy)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home