I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, February 15, 2012


"Brownie Morrison" & Larry

Cindy has her "Brownie Morrison" shop in Tacoma where she sells all sorts of risque, quirky things - cards, fridge magnets, books, pictures . . . anything that will make you laugh. It's not a kiddy store - it's more for big people with wild senses of humor. It's definitely my kind of shop. She recently sent me a t-shirt that I'm wearing in the picture. It says, "Holy Crap - is that you Larry?" The little chick is looking at a fried egg on a plate. I added my latest picture of Larry on top. You'll notice he's not a chicken - he's my sparrow.

There is a story here which is that I have a sparrow that visits me every fall and winter. He started coming in the big snow storm of 2008, and I put food out for him on the ledge on my deck. I, of course, named him Larry, and he'd sit on the ledge looking in at me while I sat watching television. I doubt that it's still the same Larry as a sparrow's lifespan is not that long. But a Larry shows up every fall. It may be one of his kids that he told about the good place to get food and hang out. He doesn't like the other little birds that eat at my feeder which is hanging from the ceiling to keep it away from the rat I had visiting. So he eats from what they drop on the floor or out of a pot I have mainly for him. He stays after dusk when the other birds are probably asleep someplace and just sits on the ledge. I wonder if he feels he's part of my family. I hope he does because he and I are the family who lives here.

I love my t-shirt, and I'm sure Larry would too if he could see it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home