I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, April 18, 2012



Am I depressed?

I went to the grocery this morning which is always depressing as everything costs so much that it's no fun anymore. I came home and plopped down on the couch and turned on the tv. The first thing on was an ad for something and a voice asking, "Are you depressed?"  I was frantically nodding my head because no one could hear me if I answered out loud. It went on to list several symptoms you would have if you were depressed. Of course, I had them all. It gave a phone number to call but I didn't have anything to write with and by the time I found a pen and paper, I had forgotten the phone number. I'm sure I'll see it again as it's on several times a day. Maybe they aren't getting enough business because people can't write down the phone number fast enough . .. . . . . . probably because they're too depressed.

The tv changed to world news which would make anyone deeply disturbed. What in the hell is the GSA doing with all of our money? They are supposed to be the watchdogs but they spend nearly a million dollars in Vegas on a conference! This has been going on with them for some time. Why hasn't someone with brains picked up on it and put a stop to it. What is wrong with everyone???

And the other nasty news concerns the president's trip to Columbia. The secret service men and some armed forces personnel who were sent there to make sure everything was in shape for the president brought some prostitutes back to their hotel after a night of partying. But when one of the men wouldn't pay the prostitute what was due her for the night, she went to a cop!! That started the whole investigation into just what happened. There will probably be a congressional committee formed to look into it, and we all know how fast those congressional committees work! There must be thousands of those committees working on other things that we never hear about because no one does a damn thing. I'm glad the prostitute was off her back and on her toes and found the cop or no one would ever have known about it. There must be some kind of medal our government could give her . . . . . maybe for whistle blowing.

And what I find is so funny about the whole thing is the fact that the government people make statements saying "This is not the kind of people we are." I'm sorry, but I think this is exactly the kind of people we are.

What would make me feel better now is a good old re-run of "Law&Order." They are always on. You can depend on "Law&Order" more than you can depend on the secret service these days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home