I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, January 08, 2012

New Hampshire Primary - 1/9/12

Tuesday will be an exciting day for residents of New Hampshire. There will be media all over the place, and everyone can try to get on TV for an interview about how the "home folks" are feeling. As I was reading my "Parade" magazine at breakfast as I always do on Sunday morning, there was a funny article on the "Intelligence Report" column about the vote Tuesday. It listed many who will be on the ballot - 44 actually. There are some strange names besides the already known strange names such as Barack, Newt and Mitt. Those are pretty strange! One name that stood out for me was Vermin Supreme. Supreme is for mandatory toothbrushing (I agree), zombie preparedness and federal funding of time travel research so he can "kill Hitler with my bare hands." He's also campaigning to give free ponies to all Americans. I think Supreme lost me after the toothbrushing.

The article didn't mention Rick Santorum but I will. He's a Republican who is probably a nice man, but I also think he's crazy and would be a horrible president. He's the most socially conservative of the major GOP candidates. He's a devout Catholic and former senator who frequently discusses his religious beliefs. He's not only against same sex marriage, but is also the only candidate who wants to invalidate all of the legal same-sex unions taken place in this country since 2003. He's also the only major Republican candidate who has spoken out against contraception when he said that birth control, "is not okay. It's a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be." In 2003, Santorum said in interview with the Associated Press that states should be able to outlaw homosexuality, just like they outlawed pedophilia and bestiality. What is he talking about? What is this "sexual realm" he talks about and how are things supposed to be? I think Rick spends too much time thinking about sex. He wouldn't be able to spend any time on government affairs with all the sex stuff whirling around in his head. I certainly don't want him as my president.

The Republicans have had about 550 "get-togethers" this year. Mitt started out by saying it would be a clean campaign, but then got very dirty and nearly killed Newt. I still don't know why Ron Paul is even in the race - he looks like a strong wind would knock him over. I don't like any of them so will just be glad when things die down. But nothing will die down - this will go on and on for years to come. And I'll go on reading the "Parade" magazine which is much more interesting than politics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home