I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, August 10, 2010


Out to Dinner

Teri, Mark and Harry came into town on Thursday night and I had a big dinner all ready for them. I made chicken divan and a big salad which I told them I had worked all day putting together. Actually, the salad was in a sack that you just dumped out and put on the salad dressing and croutons that were also in the package. Teri thought Harry would like the divan, but he didn’t because of the broccoli, so he had a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He was upset that I hadn’t made chocolate cookies and whipped cream for him like I usually do . . . but hey! Give grandma a break. He’s lucky he got the PB&J. Rita and her kids and other kids - - they have other people’s kids all over the place at their house which is usual with teenagers - - came over and Harry was so excited to see his wife, Reggie. He went back to their house for the night with all the other teenagers - - they may have even picked up some more on their way home.

The next day Teri and Mark went out looking around the town. They didn’t do the breastfeeding thing that I wrote about that was going on that day. Teri just wasn’t that interested - - I think it was sort of “been there, done that.” Mark would have liked to go, but Teri put her foot down. So they bought a few things and also got some chocolate cookies for me. When they came home, I made chocolate cookies and whipped cream for Harry.

That night both families went out to dinner. The above picture has all the kids in it. From the left is Hayden, Rita and Steve’s boy who’s going to OSU this fall. Sorry about the cut-off head, Hayden. Next to Hayden is Summer, his girlfriend. Then there’s Leah who I’m sure is someone’s girlfriend but I didn’t find out. Then there’s Reggie, Rita and Steve’s daughter who is Harry’s wife. Harry is on the end. I don’t know if their marriage will be a smooth one when and if it happens. Time will tell. When dinner was over, Harry, of course, wanted to go back to Rita’s where all the kids were hanging out. But Mark and Teri insisted he come back with us for bonding time with his grandma! That wasn’t that interesting the least little bit until I mentioned I had his favorite dessert! So we came home and Teri went to bed on the air mattress in my computer room. Harry ate nearly all of the chocolate cookies and whipped cream and Mark, Harry and I settled down to watch David Letterman. We then watched Craig Ferguson which I love as does Harry. After that Harry was asleep. So Mark dragged him into the bedroom, put him on the bed and Mark apparently slept on the floor!

The next day they left for SunRiver and will be back here Friday. They’ll leave for New York on Saturday. I’m sure I’ll have lots more clothes to wash before they leave the next day. But I like washing clothes. I’m so glad I don’t have to go down to the river and scrub them on a rock. But I’m really glad I don’t have to wear a burqa with just my eyes peeking out. How would I keep dark glasses on then? And it would be so hot.

I seem to have drifted away from the family visit topic. I guess that was enough family stuff. Too much family stuff can give you a headache!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home