I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, July 02, 2010


Teri and Mark are having a wedding anniversary!

Their wedding anniversary is today, and several days ago I started looking for a suitable card. My idea of “suitable” may not be everyone’s, but I couldn’t even find one that everyone would deem suitable. No cards at all. I found birthday, sympathy, graduation, friendship, Mother’s Day which was long gone, Father’s Day, engagement, wedding, divorce and many more. I got tired of hunting so decided I’d do my own. Maybe people these days don’t stay married long enough for the greeting card companies to make any money off cards celebrating the wonderful act of staying together . . . for at least a year. So then I remembered a photo I took of the two of them when they were first living in New York City.

I believe it was taken in Greenwich Village where they were living at the time. They both looked so cute and the background was unique. I love the New York graffiti and all the ads they slap up on the walls. We had been out sightseeing and I bought Teri and Cindy each one of those caps which we thought were designed beautifully. I think it was at that time Mark convinced me to try tiramisu. Mark knows I’m leery of eating something I didn’t learn to eat back on the farm, and we certainly didn’t have tiramisu when I was a kid! But I tried it and absolutely loved it! On my recent trip to New York, we all went out with some friends for lunch and I ordered French fries and tiramisu. Delicious lunch!

I don’t know what to say to you except that I hope you keep on loving each other and stay together forever! I love you both so much and want you to be happy. And you know it wouldn’t be nice to upset mom.

So Happy Anniversary, kids, and may there be many more in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home