I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, April 02, 2009


Cindy’s having a birthday!

My baby’s having a birthday today. I call her my baby because she’s the younger of my two daughters, and she’ll always be my baby. This picture of her brings back many memories of her early years. Cindy loved making tents to hide and play in. We had a formica kitchen/dining room table – I wish I still had it. Formica was great! Cindy would drag out blankets, pillows, chairs and completely cover the table with the blankets, surrounding it with chairs and pillows. The blankets would be hanging off all the sides so there was no way in and no way out. She would stay in it all afternoon until the dismantling began when it was time for dinner. I don’t remember what toys she had in there with her, but I’m sure there must have been something to keep her occupied. When she started school, it cut into her tent time, but she made time for it whenever she could.

Cindy is a very funny girl. I always end up laughing when I talk to her on the phone. But lately she hasn’t been laughing that much as her beloved dog, Charlie, just died. That was hard on her, but she’s thinking about getting another dog soon. I talked to her yesterday and she said she had been to an antique store and found a lunch box just like the one she carried to grade school! It says “Campus Queen” on one side. She was surprised that I didn’t remember it. I don’t remember what I ate for breakfast. She, of course, bought it to go with all the other antiquey stuff she has, and she has quite a collection – mannequins that she dresses, strange masks, old pictures, etc. Her taste is very eclectic and fun.

I just talked to Cindy and she said, “My dog died, I lost my job – so how was your day?” I told her if she were writing this blog, she would say that. So I’m doing it for her. I am so sorry she lost her job, but she’s not alone in this economy. I know what it’s like to lose a job as I was the same age as she when it happened to me. It’s horrible at first, but it does get better. I’m hoping she can find something very soon. And one thing that makes it better for her is that she has another dog! She got April, a Bull Mastiff, from a shelter.

Cindy, I love you so much and know that everything will turn out well for you. I hope you and April can celebrate together and have a very good birthday.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home