I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Friday, April 24, 2009

Apple/nut bread and Craig Ferguson

The other day, I decided to make some apple/nut bread like my mother used to do. I have her handwritten recipe in my book of old, hard-to-read recipes from years ago. I often wonder if I’m using the right ingredients as it’s almost impossible to read some of the directions. But that wasn’t my only problem. When I’m around water – using it – my nose runs constantly. When I get out of the shower, do dishes, wash my hands, etc. my nose runs uncontrollably. So it’s hard to make things like casseroles, cookies, etc. where you spend time putting things together and washing your hands multiple times. I have had accidents where I’ve watched my nose drip right into the cookie dough – just one drip. But since I wasn’t sick and didn’t want to start over again, I didn’t. I figured just cooking it would kill anything. That may not be good, but it’s what I do. So yesterday, I was having the same problem when I felt my nose start to run and I saw a drop spiraling downward toward the nut bread concoction. I quickly shoved the bowl out of the way and it was saved! I cleaned up the counter, then washed my hands whereupon my nose started running again because of the water. Needless to say, it took me a while to get the whole thing going, but the nut bread was fine. I’m giving half to my friend whom I’m hoping will still be my friend after she reads this.

Whenever I mention anything weird that is happening or has happened to me, Cindy always says “Thanks a lot, mom,” intimating that I pass all my bad things down to her if she’s having the same problem. Now that’s not exactly true – mothers are supposed to pass things on to their daughters. Hopefully they pass on the good things like good health, happy dispositions and money, of course. I do my best.

Cindy and I both love dogs. Cindy now has a Bull Mastiff, April, that’s a real sweetheart, but she farts a lot. Teri loves cats and dogs and has a dog and 4 cats – that’s almost overkill. I think the dog farts but I don’t know about the cats. What I do know about cats is that you have to watch out for them, because if you die in your home, they will eat you! I’m not the only one who thinks that. Craig Ferguson of the CBS late show says the same thing and he knows. He has three dogs and no cats – he’s not taking any chances. He talks about farting and pooping on his show quite a bit – I guess that’s one reason I think he’s so funny. But he’s also very smart. Funny and smart – that’s a good combination.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home