I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

“Saving Grace”

Last night I watched the show and turned it off before it was through. I’ve watched each episode up until that one, but just couldn’t take it anymore. I don’t know what they were thinking when they put that one on television. It appears that the object of the story is to make everyone Catholic, or if not Catholic, religious in a big way. Grace (Holly Hunter) is a wild one – drinking, smoking, sleeping around, swearing and switching her long, messy hair all over the place. They should have stopped there and it could have been good, but they brought God and religion into it. Grace doesn’t believe in God, so each show has her big guy angel appear and sprout big, white wings. Then they have a little talk about God and religion which doesn’t interest me in the least. Am I the only one who feels this way? I wrote about it after the first episode and said mostly the same things, but I was hoping it might change direction a little . . . but no luck.

If I wanted to learn about religion, I wouldn’t look to television for it. “Saving Grace” has turned into one big revival meeting which I will no longer be attending. It’s probably getting some run-off from “The Closer” which is an excellent show, but that’s it for me.

2 Comments:

  • My 81-year-old Mama and I have watched it since it came on, and we're ambivalent still. You're so right about the fact that its lead-in is "The Closer." We've watched every episode from the past years at least once, and some of them from this year twice already. I've blogged about it, too, at my blog, mamamepdx.blogspot.com, if you're interested in our take on it.

    By Blogger Lynette, at 9:29 PM  

  • If you want nothing to do with GOD or religion,don't watch the show.There's only hundreds of other channels to choose from.Watch something else and stop your bitchin'.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home