I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Saturday, August 04, 2007


Bonding

I was recently looking through old photo albums as I occasionally do when there’s nothing I want to watch on television which, I must say, is extremely seldom! I just came across this photo of Pat, my oldest grandson, who is all grown up now, I think, although I very rarely see him. But Cindy, his mother, tells me he’s a big boy now.

I thought this was a very sweet picture of mother and son in a bonding moment. Cindy is apparently shaving her legs in the tub, and Pat is answering all of her incoming calls. Now what could bring a mother and son closer than that? Pat loved phones from a very early age on, and was always practicing when he could get his hands on one. When he would be visiting and I was babysitting, he practiced but I could never get him to take down a message . . . probably because he hadn’t yet learned how to write. That all came later. I wonder if Cindy got any of the messages while she was in the tub.

I don’t think Pat has the beady, red-eyed look he had in the photo anymore. That was just my way of taking pictures at that time. I think he looks quite normal and very good-looking now, at least he did the last time I saw him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home