I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Sunday, July 29, 2007

“Burn Notice”

I’ve watched two episodes of “Burn Notice” on USA and really like it. It’s something I think you can watch and be amused and entertained by and not have to be on the edge of your chair trying to figure out what’s happening or what might happen next. It’s a very fun show with characters I like and doesn’t require some heavy thought process to get through it.

Michael Westen (Jeffrey Donovan) was an international spy, based mostly in the Middle East. He does a voice-over in the beginning, “My name is Michael Westen. I used to be a spy until” . . . Then he gets a phone call telling him he’s been burned, and he continues, “When you’re burned, you’ve got nothing – no cash, no credit, no job history. You’re stuck in whatever city they decide to dump you in.” In his case, he was fired and dumped in Miami, his home town – a place where he definitely didn’t want to be. So now he has to try and figure out why he was burned and who was responsible. An old acquaintance, Sam (Bruce Campbell) tries to help him but also is supposed to feed information back to the FBI who is tracking Michael.

Sharon Gless plays his mother. I have always liked her and was a big fan of “Cagney and Lacey.” Why did they ever stop producing that show? I wish she had more scenes. She is funny and is always smoking . . . always. I get a big kick out of her and hope she shows up more.

Fiona (Gabrielle Anwar) is an ex-IRA operative and also an ex-girlfriend, but she is definitely in the picture in Miami. She is even more devious than Michael.

Michael has a brother who is a sort of loser. Michael has to put up with that as he’s always bailing him out of some bad situation.

I like this show and consider it to be “easy watching” as they say about some types of music called “easy listening.” And Jeffrey Donovan is very cute.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home