I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, February 12, 2007


Teri has a birthday!

Today is Teri’s birthday. I found this picture of her in one of my mom’s photo albums, and it brought tears to my eyes. Why do I get all teary-eyed when I look at old family photos? I think it’s probably because they bring back so many memories of times past that I may have forgotten. But looking at just one picture can bring back those memories - - some happy and some not so happy. I have many pictures of my girls with their dad and with my folks. Those were good times, but they make me sad because their dad and my folks aren’t around anymore. But I love this picture of Teri as it reminds me of all the love and good times we’ve had through the years. So I don’t think it makes me sad . . . it’s like when I tear up at a Hallmark commercial. It’s good tears.

I’m going to visit Teri and her family pretty soon and will have more pictures for my albums. This time I hope I don’t have to be in charge of the kitty litter boxes because I got quite confused the last time I was there, and the whole process became quite catastrophic! If cats are so smart and clever, why can’t they learn to go in the toilet? Or why don’t they make tiny little toilets for cats? All that scratching around in the kitty litter is disgusting.

So have a happy birthday, Teri, and I’ll be thinking of you. Now I’m going to get out of this room with all the albums that I’ve been sniffling over and go pour myself a glass of wine. Then I’ll see if there’s anything on TV worth watching like maybe the 25th repeat of an old Law&Order episode. That’s one franchise I hope never quits! Those never make me teary-eyed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home