I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, July 04, 2012


Cindy and April visited the compound

Cindy and April came down Sunday, spent the night and went home Monday since she had to work on Tuesday. It was so good to see Cindy . . . and also April. Wherever Cindy goes, April is right beside her. April has gotten used to me, but still doesn't run up to me unless I'm sitting or lying down. 

Cindy and I spent time discussing the ways of the world, what was happening in politics and that sort of thing . . . sort of a mini "Face the Nation" or "Dateline Investigation." We talked about many things . . . here is an example:

Patsy:   I'm glad Katie Holmes decided to kick Tom to the curb.
Cindy:   So am I. I think the Scientologists were about ready to send Suri to a kid's
  Scientology boot camp.
Patsy:   We never sent you to a boot camp. We just had you and Teri pick up the    dog poop in the back yard. Maybe that's what the Scientology boot camp 
  is about.

Then I offered her a snack:

Patsy: Would you like some wheat thins?
Cindy: No, I like triscuits better. I used to like wheat thins, but I changed.
Patsy: These are really good wheat thins.
Cindy: No, I used to like them, but now I like triscuits better.

Cindy did many helpful things for me including taking out my garbage to the little enclosure on the other side of our driveway. Each time I would tell her this: "The papers go in the first can on the right, recyclables in the second can on the right and the bottles in the third can on the right. The really garbage garbage would go in the big container on the left." After I had told her that each time she went out she finally said "Shut up!" I said "Whatever . . . " and that was that.
We went on like that all afternoon and had a great time. April enjoyed it too. In the evening, we watched movies and April paced around the room because she could hear some fireworks every so often, and she was scared. She finally came over to the couch where Cindy and I were sitting on each end of it. She put a foot up and I gave in. She crawled up and put her head in my lap and stayed there until we went to bed. I liked having her there because I love dogs, but we can't make a habit of that.  After the movies, Cindy and April went to bed in my room. They both slept in my bed, of course. I had taken everything off the bed and just left a blanket and sheets. So the next morning, we changed the bed and made it up the way it had been BEFORE APRIL! I vacuumed the whole house and sprayed good stuff all around, but it still smells like dog.

I did many loads of wash yesterday along with the vacuuming. It may sound like I'm complaining about the dog smell, but I'm not . . . oh, maybe just a little bit. I love when they come down, and if that includes dog smell, so be it.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home