I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, May 12, 2009


This is a picture of a dog in Greenwich Village in New York City where Teri lived at one time. I was walking down Christopher Street and saw the dog and the typewriter. What was that about? I thought it was great! Maybe I’ll see him on my next trip and find that he’s learned how to type by now, or maybe he just pees on it.

I’m going to New York this weekend to visit Teri and family after Teri spends a couple of days here. We’ll be flying there together. Teri said maybe she and I could sit on my deck, have a glass of wine and wait for Larry to appear. Larry, my sparrow, comes along at different times, but he likes to come in the evening, just before it gets dark, and sit on the ledge and do nothing. He just sits there, all puffed up and looking like he’s in a trance. He doesn’t eat or drink – he just sits. So I sit in my living room about 10 feet away and watch him. I sit for a long, long time, almost as if I were in a trance. One day I got worried, thinking maybe I was getting some weird, trance-like disease, so I jumped up from the couch and ran into the computer room and got going on Google. I checked all the weird diseases I had checked once before such as Prune belly syndrome, Stiff person syndrome, Jumping Frenchmen of Maine disease, Asperger’s disease, Trypanosomiasis, Cysticercosis and oh, so many more. Nothing jumped out at me that looked like what I might have. Isn’t Google wonderful? The only bad thing about Google is the fact that they have too much information stored up on people like me who use it frequently. Do you suppose they turn it all over to the FBI or CIA or a panel of psychiatrists at some hospital in one of the countries where we send people to be tortured? Isn’t that called rendition? What happens to all that information? Will someone be coming for me? By the time I was through with my Google research, Larry had gone to bed and it was dark

Cindy just called me and we talked about April, her Bull Mastiff. Cindy really loves her and April loves Cindy. She follows her all over the house. Cindy said she woke up this morning and April had her head on the pillow with her! She goes every place in the car with her. Yesterday Cindy went to the grocery store, with April, and a woman in front of the store asked her for $5.00. Cindy would normally give something, but since she’s lost her job, she told the woman no. So the woman asked her if she’d have some money when she came out of the store! Cindy then helped an older woman get into an office building. The woman couldn’t park her car in front of the building and she had a bad back. Cindy said she was swearing and very upset, and was very appreciative of Cindy’s kindness to her. Cindy really liked her; I think she maybe reminded Cindy of me . . . the swearing part, that is. Cindy is very nice to people and not like me on the phone. A couple of times a week I get the automated calls from telemarketers about my car warranty running out. I have no car warranty. Twice I’ve clicked to talk to a real person, and twice I’ve told them to fuck off and not call again. But they still do. What’s the matter with those people? I signed up on the “Don’t Call” registry a while back and did it again today. Will that help?
I’m also getting calls from automated telemarketers about lowering my credit card interest and the fact that they’ve been trying to reach me for weeks and this is my last chance. I usually just hang up and haven’t told them to fuck off yet. I don’t imagine that would help. Maybe I’ll give them Cindy’s number.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home