I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, January 28, 2008

Two new fun and interesting Fox series

I just watched a preview of the new Fox show – “Unhitched.” It’s written by the Farrelly brothers, so I knew before I began watching that it would be crazy and funny . . . and it is. It’s about three guys and a girl who are back on the dating scene after breakups and divorces. Craig Bierko seems to be the main one of the guys, and Rashida Jones is the girl. She’s so funny and quick and very pretty. She acts like one of the guys, but still does her thing with dating new men. She also was the attorney for two of the guys with their divorces. She’s very good. In the preview clip I saw, Bierko says the first five minutes of the first episode starts with a bang before 5 minutes are even up. He actually said it was more like an orangubang as there was an orangutan, belonging to his date, who became involved with Bierko quite intimately for a few surprising seconds. It was very funny and just what you’d expect from the Farrelly brothers. I watched the first two episodes, and I never knew just what crazy antics would occur. I loved it! Now I’m waiting for the series to start. It’s good to have a television series by the Farrelly brothers because that means you don’t have to wait for their next movie. I found out that they wrote and directed the “Seinfeld” episode “The Virgin” which was hilarious. That makes them even better in my book. They can be very gross, but it’s a “funny” gross that leaves you laughing. I think “Unhitched” will be a hit.

I’ve also been watching “Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.” I have never before watched that sort of television or movie. I never watch movies with cyborgs, armor, spears or robots – I like dramas or comedies where everyone wears everyday clothes. But this one sounded interesting so I tuned in. I didn’t know the back story not having seen any of the other ones that I thought were sort of weird. But Sarah is getting to me and I’ll continue watching. Sarah has a son, John, who is going to save the world in the future from all the cyborg takeover, and Cameron, a cyborg from the future who is made up as a teenage girl. These two women must keep John safe from the ugly cyborg who keeps appearing in different strange outfits until John is older. Definitely not my kind of show! But I’m getting caught up in it and will keep watching. The two actresses are very good – especially Lena Headey as Sarah. I have no idea what strange things will happen next, so it’s fun to watch. I don’t even know what’s happening when it’s happening, but it’s exciting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home