I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, September 18, 2006

- - - Just another Saturday 9/16/06

My day started with a call from Cindy who was sitting on her deck and had just seen a man and woman walking down the street. The woman was ahead and the man behind her, carrying a plastic bag as dog walkers do when they walk their dogs. They were out of sight before Cindy could see if the man ever had anything to put in the bag.

Cindy told me she was upset because Lifetime was showing “A Woman Scorned: The Betty Broderick Story” but the first half only which is 2 hours. She wanted the whole 4 hours. Cindy watches it whenever it’s on and alerts Teri and me that it will be showing. She has it on tape, but still watches over and over again. This is the true story of Betty Broderick who was married to a prominent attorney in San Diego at one time and then was divorced by him. She didn’t want the divorce and eventually shot and killed her ex-husband and his new wife. Before she killed them, she was like a crazy woman, doing outrageous things such as driving her car into his house over and over again, leaving filthy messages on his answering machine for the kids to hear, breaking into his house and destroying things, and on and on. Meredith Baxter plays the lead and she is fantastic. She comes across as a real bitch who leaves nothing but wreckage and carnage in her path. It’s actually horrifying to watch, and yet I find it most entertaining! It’s really hard for me to imagine her as ever being Alex P. Keaton’s mother.

After I finished watching the first half of the Betty Broderick movie, I noticed the cover of the latest “Time” magazine which read: “Does God Want You To Be Rich?” That sounded exciting, but do you suppose that included me even though I am not knowledgeable in the religious field? It started with the story of a man who lost his job but was inspired by a Prosperity teacher – a preacher. This man went on to become a wealthy car salesman . . . every man’s dream. When Prosperity started back in 1959, it was among Pentecostals, stressing the power of positive thinking and emphasizing hard work and good home economics. But I think the main thrust was establishing that you were a true believer by your words and donations. If that happened, then God would respond with gifts of health and wealth in this life. So if you can’t afford to donate, you don’t get any wealth? If you can afford big donations, why would you need anymore money coming to you? And what’s the deal with the good home economics? I took Home Ec in high school – does that help? The entire article was very confusing to me which is not surprising since I know nothing about the subject matter. So I really doubt I have any wealth heading in my direction. But then I already knew that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home