I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Thursday, July 09, 2015

I'm Back!


I haven't posted anything for a while as I've been in the hospital and various rehab establishments in the area for about a month. I had to move, not only once, twice, possibly more times but I quit counting after a while. It all started when I became very weak and fainted and was then swooped up by an ambulance who dropped me at the nearest hospital. Turns out I had a bad case of pneumonia. I know some thought I was in rehab to fight alcohol or drugs, but no such luck. That wasn't on the agenda - maybe next time.

My daughters, Teri and Cindy, came here to help and be with me during my time of need. My daughters moved me and set up housekeeping for me in my new apartments. They decorated and did everything. The places looked gorgeous and very homey. I didn't ask them if they had fun doing all the moving as the very thought makes me sick! But they are wonderful daughters so they probably wouldn't say anything like that to me. But they got me settled in my new environments. I couldn't have made it without them. Actually, I moved to only one new apartment - it only seemed like more due to my addled mindset at the time.

Teri was with me for quite some time as she wasn't working at the time. So she saw the part of life in the hospital when you aren't allowed out of bed and occasionally go to the bathroom right there! I was taking a strong antibiotic for the pneumonia which gave me diarrhea ---- every damn day!! So I was pooping all over the place for which I'm very sorry for Teri's sake.  When I was allowed out of bed and walked the halls, people would ask  "Go poop today?" That seemed to be the topic of conversation for many people. I have to catch myself now before I blurt it out when I am out walking. Occasionally Teri would jump up from the chair beside my bed and say "I've got to get out of here!" and then disappear until the next morning. She had a room for visitors where she could stay so I didn't worry about her. I was just envious!

Cindy came to see me whenever she could. She lives in Tacoma and works long hours at the city dump! My little girl is now a teamster! She missed some of the pooping stuff which made her sad, I'm sure. She loved when I told her stories of how people came into my room every night all the time. I'd wake up and find a big man bending over me, asking how I was feeling, etc. No matter that it was the middle of the night! I would mumble something and he would disappear. One night. at 2:30 AM, I awoke and there was a guy who asked me what city I was in and what was my name!! I got mad and told him to get the hell out of my room and stay out! I complained to the head nurse the next day and she said he was new and being trained. What sort of training, I wonder. I confronted him and he apologized.

I had so many crazy experiences during my hiatus, and as I start remembering how to use the computer again I'll write more. I seem to have forgotten a lot of things - possibly I didn't have pneumonia after all. Maybe I had what is called extreme computer anxiety, an ailment discovered recently which is no surprise as it was about the same time the computer was discovered! I was a relatively happy person before I got my computer and started my blog. I guess that's when everything went to hell for me and I ended up in rehab, pooping all over myself. Guess I'll stop this and maybe do another one at a later date.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home