I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, December 11, 2007


Christmas with Teri

When Teri was a year and a half old, we took this picture of her with two of her favorite things during Christmas time. She was wearing a hat that she was given at Halloween which she absolutely adored. She wore it everyplace, all the time. I have pictures of her several months later when she was wearing a ski jacket with a hood, and on top of the hood was perched her Halloween hat. I wish we had saved it.

Also in the picture was a plastic doll with a big butt that sat on the floor and could be hit, knocked or batted - not that we ever did any of those things - but would never fall over. It just rocked back and forth. Her name was Present. I don’t know where the name came from, but that’s what Teri called her. Teri had Present for a long time along with the Halloween hat. I sometimes think there should have been a place for all the special toys our children had when they were young. Then when they were all grown up, they could see them and remember the good times they had had with them. I look in my photo albums and see all the pictures of Teri and Cindy when they were little, and it makes me nostalgic and emotional. I know if they could be here with me, looking at the albums, we’d have a good time with it. But when I’m alone, it affects me in ways I don’t quite understand. The pictures bring tears to my eyes.

I don’t know if I’m alone in my feelings – maybe others feel the same as I in the same situation. Or maybe I’m just weird. Could that be possible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home