I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Oscars

I wasn’t planning on writing about the Academy Awards, but I’ve seen so many pictures of the dresses on entertainment shows that I just had to say my piece. First of all, I think Ellen did a wonderful job. She has such a laid-back style and is never mean or sarcastic. She is just plain funny! I began watching about 2pm on different channels-- switching back and forth-- until the actual awards began. By that time, I was rather groggy so I had a Lean Cuisine to put some life back into me. The Lean Cuisine was a good idea – that way I didn’t have to take time away from the Oscars to cook a meal from scratch. As if I needed an excuse to have a Lean Cuisine!

The Red Carpet walk is the highlight.. The people began arriving at least two hours early, and the women spent all their time twirling and shuffling around. The women all had to be interviewed and tell “who” they were wearing – I don’t think anyone cared “who” the men were wearing, just so long as they weren’t naked. I can’t imagine standing on that carpet for two hours, turning this way and that, looking over one shoulder and then the other, smiling and looking like you’re having fun. And just think about all the illegals in the sweat shops, rushing around making copies of the beautiful gowns as the ceremony is going on. Their knock-offs will be ready in a couple of days for the common people to purchase at a fraction of the designer price. How wonderful! But what really got me was the hair. Nicole Kidman and Gwyneth Paltrow each had long, long hair that was pulled over to the left side and over the shoulder. I don’t know if they were hair extensions or not, but it was too long. Watching Gwyneth for two hours on the Red Carpet, I saw her keep pulling her hair over her shoulder so that it covered her left boob! It was that long. There were many, many shots of her doing that throughout the evening. How does she sleep with that long hair? Will it ever wrap around her neck and choke her in the night? I think what I’ll remember about this year’s Oscars was how good Ellen was and Gwyneth and her hair.

Gwyneth, Gwyneth, Gwyneth . . . please cut a little off before you strangle yourself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home