I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, October 09, 2006

Janice, Janice, Janice . . . .

The other day, Teri sent me an e-mail of the YouTube video “Janice, Janice, Janice.” I watched it and was immediately addicted to it! It shows Janice with long blond hair sitting on a roller coaster with a friend. The friend is shorter and sort of squatty or chunky – something like that. So as the roller coaster starts, Janice tells her friend to keep her feet on the rail and her head back. As it begins moving fast, the friend begins screaming, and Janice starts laughing maniacally, continuing it throughout the entire ride. The friend screams, “Help me! Stop it! I’m falling! I’m stuck! This hurts!” She shrieks these words over and over again during the entire video and Janice keeps laughing, her blond hair flying in the wind while her friend sinks lower and lower in her seat until the safety straps are right up to her chin. The ride ends suddenly and that’s all there is. Janice may have been a real bitch who didn’t care what happened to her friend, or maybe she just didn’t like short, squatty people. Whatever her reason, I have to watch Janice every day for my morning fix. If that makes me a disturbed person, so be it.


Buying a Picture Frame . . . . . .

Yesterday I went to the local picture frame shop because I needed two frames for photos for Cindy and me. I walked in and there was no one there. I started around the counter to see if the proprietor had been murdered and was lying there in a pool of blood. A young man then came through the door, and I told him I was relieved that he was still alive and that I must have been watching too much “Law and Order.” He knew what I was talking about because he mentioned Lennie Briscoe. I told him I was looking for two frames, and he found one that made the photos look very good, but they were a little too expensive since I had to buy two. So he said he’d check the computer to see if they had been marked down. When he came back, he said I could have them both for the price of one! I was so surprised that I blurted out, “Do I look poor? I live in a condo. But I really am poor.” As I was babbling away, he said he was trying to get rid of them anyway. So I bought them and thanked him effusively. I told Cindy later of my outburst in the store and that probably no one else would have said those things. She immediately said, “I would.” And I knew she would.

I think I’ve left my mark on my daughters much to my delight and sometimes to their consternation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home