I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Monday, July 17, 2006


I loved all the animals on our farm when I was young, but I knew that one day I would be eating some of them. That was not a happy thought, but it was the way things worked on a farm.

In this picture, I’m standing by one of our calves in my dress-up coat and hat. I didn’t dress like that on ordinary days . . . maybe the stockings. It seems I wore those brown, cotton, wrinkly stockings every damn day! I had a garter belt that was virtually impossible to assemble on my little body that enabled me to wear the hated stockings. Every day the same thing with the stockings and garter belt . . . trying to get my arms through the straps of the belt . . . trying to fasten the stockings to the belt . . . trying to get the wrinkles out . . . . I CAN’T GET MY ARM THROUGH THE STRAP – HELP ME!!! . . . . . . .
but I digress. I think I was looking sad in this picture because I knew that pretty soon I would be eating the calf, or maybe I was depressed over the wrinkly stockings.

I try not to let things get me down, but I do worry about important matters such as the thought of spiders taking over the world – or even my house – whereas my friends are concerned with global warming, environmental issues, erosion of our civil liberties, a cure for ADD and issues such as those. That would make anyone sad. I cry very easily and also laugh very easily, and I much prefer the latter. So I keep occupied with “Seinfeld” re-runs which make me very happy.

So if I’m looking unhappy because of the upcoming demise of the calf or the thought of wearing those stockings one more day, it’s because I had nothing to take away the hurt. That was long before the “Seinfeld” days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home