I'm A Patsy - Gotta Problem With That?

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

During the last few years, I’ve become quite a fan of the FX television channel. I started with “The Shield” that I watched for several years but quit when David Aceveda, played by Benito Martinez, became such a dick. I know he was sexually assaulted by thugs, but he didn’t need to come down so hard on Vic Mackey (Michael Chiklas) who was the leader of the Strike squad trying to clean up Los Angeles crime. However, last Tuesday I decided to watch the season finale. It was great! Mackey blackmailed Aceveda, and they became friends which is quite common after a blackmail incident. So I presume the two of them will be working together next year to make Los Angeles free of crime. If anyone can do it, Vic Mackey can. And I’ll be watching.

I then moved on to “Nip/Tuck” which was a crazy show! It was about two plastic surgeons with a very lucrative business. They did all kinds of wild surgeries and spent much time having sex with patients and anyone else willing. People were killed, maimed and tortured but the business thrived. Now I believe they’re moving to Hollywood and will be called “McNamara/Troy Hollywood.” They were in Florida so I think Los Angeles will be a very fertile field for them.

I also watched “Dirt,” another quirky show. Lucy Spiller (Courtney Cox) is the editor of “Dirt” magazine and her best buddy is Don Konkey (Ian Hart) who is schizophrenic and her photographer for the magazine. He gets really weird when he’s off his meds but takes fabulous pictures of cheating wives/husbands as they’re cheating. He can photograph anything and make it look good. He and Lucy have a close relationship, and he’s probably her only friend as long as he keeps grinding out the good shots. I think he takes better pictures when he’s having a schizophrenic period – that’s just my thought.

I just finished with “The Riches.” That’s a show about a group of Irish Travelers who steal someone’s identity to make a new life for themselves. Travelers are grifters who make a living by conning others. Minnie Driver and Eddie Izzard play parents of three children who are trying to blend into the world of buffers. Buffers are people who aren’t Travelers. I’m a buffer, and I hope you are too. The acting is good but it’s too hard to describe, so I won’t. I liked it.

Glenn Close will be starring in a new show – “Damages.” She plays a ruthless litigator in a law firm with Ted Danson, a corporate CEO, as her enemy. This one has to be good.

My favorite show, “Rescue Me,” starts again tonight and I can hardly wait! I loved that show and recorded it every time, watching it over and over again. I’m hoping Tommy (Denis Leary) can work it so he isn’t charged with starting the fire at his girlfriend’s house. He can’t remember as she had drugged him and put him to sleep when she became enraged because he wouldn’t give up being a firefighter and move in with her. She gets really pissed that he’s sleeping and starts throwing stuff around the house, starting a fire. She can’t put it out so she runs outside and he’s left inside. He’s saved by Jennifer Esposito, a volunteer firefighter, who wants to start a relationship with him . . . as if he didn’t already have enough on his mind! What I like about this show is the writing that gives each character a unique personality bringing humor, craziness and drama to each episode. I think the show is terrific as is Denis Leary.

I just want to mention the fact that I hear Fred Thompson is leaving “Law&Order to run in the presidential race. Big mistake, Fred! You are so conservative, you’re totally off the grid, and I’d hate to see you as our next president. I’ve always thought you were sort of sexy and powerful as the District Attorney in the show . . . maybe sexy because you were powerful . . . maybe powerful because you were sexy . . . whatever. I think you better try and get your old job back because “L&O” needs you more than the country does. “L&O” isn’t on FX – maybe republicans aren’t allowed to watch FX.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home